Travel Day

**this was started on Jan 17, but never finished due to loss of internet connection**

Yeah, I know. We’re in freaking West Palm Beach… we should be out an about and all that jazz; but honestly, we’re exhausted. It was a lot of traveling today.

So, how was our day? Glad you asked, cause I’m trying to make myself tired cause we’re leaving at 8:30am for the CRUISE!!!

I woke up at 7:54am – realize that Greg is still sleeping next to me – and then realize that we overslept!!

But, no stress. Plane doesn’t leave until 11:30 and no need to rush. I call my brother since he’s giving us a ride to the airport, but he doesn’t answer. For the next hour I call my brother about 15 times, literally, and he never answered. However, after the 3rd call I had a gut feeling that he wasn’t going to answer and that Greg and I should drive over to his place.

We almost forgot an vitally important item; the battery and charger to my PowerShot (point and shoot) – the one we have the underwater case to. Thankfully, at the last minute I decided to turn off the light above the stove as we were leaving and as I was walking out of the kitchen, I saw the green light on the charger and it was like a smack on the head!

(Daniels friends are teaching me naughty Spanish phrases and getting me a liquored up – I can only wonder how this post is going to turn out)

So, yeah… Sean wasn’t answering his phone so we ran over to his house and I pounded on his door a’la Cops style

and within 15 minutes we were on our way to the airport

Check in was a breeze. And, the best part was that our luggage was UNDERWEIGHT !!! Yay

Greg and I were on the same concourse as we were when we flew the Michigan – nearly the same gate too – so, we had breakfast at the same place we did in May, Potbelly. And, the manager gave us a free breakfast! It was after this awesome perk that Greg decided to exploit me! He was tagging me along to all the check-ins in hopes for an upgrade. Unfortunately, both our flights were fully booked. But, it is so awesome to be receiving all the congrats and compliments throughout the day (and more tomorrow, I’m sure)

Once we had our breakfast we called our families to update them and all that jazz and before we knew it, it was time to board the plane. Sadly, I still wasn’t feeling “it”, my nose was still acting up and all that stuff and I was afraid that my sinuses were going to be a nightmare on the plane – and they were, though not as bad as I was anticipating.

The flight to ATL was alright; I just hated being squished because there is no elbow space. The flight was one hour and thirty seven minutes; I remember this because they said the flight length like 20 times. It was getting old, quick.

Once we arrived in ATL, we made our way to their mini-subway system to the other concourses

and then we were on our way to Houlihans

we killed some time at Houlihan’s and then made our way to our gate. I thought I had more time than I actually did and started to write a mini-update via cell, but then our zone was called and we were back on the plane.

The flight to Ft. Lauderdale was painless (well, except for my sinuses) and I mostly played on the DS while Greg watched Family Guy on the PSP.

Arrival into Ft. Lauderdale was easy; Greg found our luggage and broke the news that my “Mrs. Always Right” tag was missing, but if that’s the only thing we loose during the whole trip – I will live.

Daniel arrives a few minutes later and then we’re on our way to his place. We hang out for a little bit and then head over to City Place. City Place is an awesome little  spot in West Palm Beach with lots of shops, resturarants, clubs, and atmosphere. I was so impressed with the place; it made Ocean City, MD look like white trash in comparison.

Greg and I had a nice little dinner at City Pizza:

Greg loved City Pizza’s garlic bread due to the actual bits of garlic in the bread:

and for dessert, we had key lime pie:

After dinner we walked around for a little while; listening to the live music and people watched. I took a few photos:

and, eventually, Greg and I made it back to Daniels where we enjoyed a few drinks (homemade and very strong) and company.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s