Somewhat bored, so I am doing all those ‘notes’ that I’ve been tagged on Facebook and I though I would add a little filler to the blog (since I’ve been so…. lazy over here):
10yrs ago, 5yrs ago and today
————- 10 YEARS AGO ———–
1.) How old were you? 20
2.) Where did you go to school? Anne Arundel Community College
3) Where did you work? Family Owned Business
4) Where did you live? Churchton
5.) Where did you hang out? Hunt Valley/ Cockeysville, MD
6.) Did you wear glasses? Yes
7.) Who was your best friend? Don’t remember
8.) How many tattoos did you have? 0
9.) How many piercings did you have? standard 2 in each ear
10.) What car did you drive? 1993 Ford Escort
11.) Had you been to a real party? Sadly, no
12.) Had you had your heart broken? No
13.) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Taken
1.) How old were you? 25
2.) Where did you go to school? not in school at this time
3.) Where did you work? A company that is no longer in business
4.) Where did you live? Catonsville/Baltimore MD
5.) Where did you hang out? nowhere in particular
6.) Did you wear glasses? yes
7.) Who was your best friend? Michele
9.) How many tattoos did you have? None
10.) How many piercings did you have? same as before
11) What car did you drive? Still the 1993 Ford Focus (not for much longer)
12) Had your heart broken? Nope
13) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? Married leading to seperation
——————– TODAY ——————–
1.) How old are you? 30
2.) Where do you work? Customer Care Coordinator
3.) Where do you live? Glen Burnie
4.) Do you wear glasses? Yes
5.) Who is your Best Friend? Greg, Michele
6.) Do you talk to your old friends? not as much as I’d like
7.) Do you have any more piercings than before? Nope
8.) How many tattoos? none – for now… plan on changing that this year
9.) What kind of car do you have? 06 Nissan Sentra
10.) Has your heart been broken? Never been broken
11.) Are you Single/Taken/Married/Divorce? Blissfully married
How long have you been together? Friends since Aug 2005 and things progressed from there
How long did you know each other before you started dating? Probably 8-12 mos
Who asked whom out? I believe it was a mutual feeling that both of us had, but never talked about
How old are each of you? We’re both 30
Whose siblings do you see the most? Mine, only because he’s a mile away
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? budgeting
Did you go to the same school? high school? No
Are you from the same home town? No, he lived mostly in Alaska and Oregon before moving to MD; and I was a DC/MD girl
Who is smarter? I feel we’re equally smart in our respective areas
Who is the most sensitive? surprisingly, we’re about equal
Where do you eat out most as a couple? Houlihan’s
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Cozumel, MX
Who has the craziest exes? well, considering mine moved out of state and don’t email each other… that defaults to …
Who has the worst temper? we can both hold our own sometimes
Who does the cooking? Me.
Who is the neat-freak? Sadly, neither of us
Who is more stubborn? Me, but just a little
Who hogs the bed? not an issue – I hog the quilt
Who wakes up earlier? Well, he will get Amelia out of our bed to place her in ours, but he goes back to sleep… so, I guess him
Where was your first date? Texas RoadHouse
Who is more jealous? Neither
How long did it take to get serious? less than a year
Who does the laundry? I do – for all of us
Who’s better with the computer? Him
Who drives when you are together? It’s shared. If it’s a long trip, we take my car due to better mpg
1) When was your wedding day?
January 20, 2009
2) What day of the week was it?
3) Did you get married in a church?
No, on the beach on the Grand Cayman Island
4) How many in your wedding party?
2 – Greg and me
5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
None – we eloped (sorta)
6) How long where you together before the engagement?
trick question; we were ‘official’ for a little over 10 months; friends for about 2.5 years; and ‘dated’ for about a year
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal?
8) Did you register for gifts? If yes, where?
Bed bath and beyond; Target
9) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
Photographer was Jim Gates (www.jimgatesphotography.com)
10) Did you have a DJ or a band?
11) What was your First dance to?
no first dance
12) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
No, I walked myself
13) What color were the bridesmaids’ dresses and groomsmen’s vests?
14) Did you have a bridal shower?
yes my cousin hosted a sweet party
15) What type of limo did you get?
standard stretch limo
16) What were your flowers?
my silk bouquet consisted of roses, calla lilies and orchids
17) What flavor was your cake?
no wedding cake
18) Where did you go for your Bachelorette / Bachelor Party?
didn’t have one
19) What type of wedding gown?
20) what was the weather like that day?
slightly humid; somewhat cloudy off and on, but a nice cool breeze
21) did you have an open bar?
We didn’t, but we like to pretend the private Captain’s party that was held on the same night was for us
22) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
The next port of call was Cozumel Mexico
23) What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
it was stress-free and intimate; just Greg and me on the beach
24) Did anything go wrong?
yeah; the wedding coordinator didn’t inform everyone of the ceremony time change; and we didn’t receive the gold engraving we requested
25) How long have you been married?
just under 2 months
Let’s see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? technically yes, but not to the baby’s daddy (… I know, I know…)
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Shock, scared, nervous, and whole much of emotions all in one.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 27
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a pregnancy test in November because I felt ‘spasms’ and suspected they could be something else (mind you, this was after months of previous tests that came out negative)
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Greg
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I was 30 weeks pregnant when I finally found out – the sex wasn’t my main concern, but I found out I was having a girl on my first appointment
9. DUE DATE? January 23, 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? none whatsoever
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? buffalo wings and slim jims was my primary diet (excluding the time Greg took me out)
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? co-workers/patients at the clinic, and managers at the deli (yes, I was working 2 jobs until the second trimester)
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? Girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? none – actually lost throughout the pregnancy
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? No – too short of notice, plus I didn’t tell anyone in the friends/family field (well, not many)
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? NA.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? technically none; but due to the lateness of finding out I was classified as ‘high risk’ and had 2 appointments a week
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? AAMC
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? from water breaking to delivery – 13 hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My Mom
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? mom and brother
23. WAS IT Vaginal OR C-SECTION? vaginal
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? OH YES!!! epidural
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6lbs 14oz
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? January 12, 2007 at 7:59am
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Amelia
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 2 years old