1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Enrolled in college at the ripe old age of 30
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t, generally, make resolutions each New Year; rather, I like to set goals. Last year, my goal was to go back to school and I did this. This year, 2011, I am thinking one of two things is going to occur: baby or buy a house
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A lot of my destination wedding friends gave birth this year – my FB was flooded with pregnancy announcements and then births.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one in my direct family or friendships have passed.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, unless you count the countries we visited in Epcot at Walt Disney World
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Either a baby sister or brother for Amelia or our own house
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing really stands out, so I’ll use the day we flew down to Florida, September 25, when we went on our first family vacation.
Going back to school
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not saving up money
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Amelia was really sick in March — took her to the hospital. Other than that, we’ve been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new MacBook Pro
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, Vacation, and bills
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our first family vacation and Amelia getting to meet Tinkerbell in person.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Nothing stands out.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder? Happier, no question.
Thinner or Fatter? I haven’t gained, nor loss, any wait in 2010
Richer or Poorer? Probably poorer in money terms, but richer in life.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
It would be nice to travel more and work less.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I guess this would be working since I took up a part time job in February, all my weekends have been spent working.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Top Chef, True Blood, Dexter, Phineas and Ferb, Imagination Movers
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I guess it would be the Twilight Series, but I don’t recall if I read the series in 2010 or 2009
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
All the same
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Only saw one movie in the theaters this year: Toy Story 3.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 this year. We didn’t celebrate because we spent too much money on Amelia’s birthday party (a few weeks before my birthday).
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Pay off the car, taken more family trips/vacation, save more money, buy a house
26. What kept you sane?
Anti-depressants and an amazing husband and daughter.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
It takes a lot of work to obtain the things in life that truly make you smile.